Raise Your Drooping Brow
Your face is one of the most prominent features on your body. It is the only place where you can communicate emotions to another person and give someone an idea of how you’re feeling in any given moment. The most expressive part of your face, other than your lips, are your eyes and your eyebrows.
The eyebrows can portray a feeling of happiness, sadness, anger, frustration, joy, or disgust. For many people, sagging and heavy eyebrows give off a look of fatigue or unhappiness, even if you feel like you are on top of the world. This happens more so with an increase in age. The process can easily be reversed with a brow lift surgery.
Which Facial Surgery Is Right for You?
There are a few surgical procedures available that can provide great results to various parts of the face depending on your needs. Each one aims to give you a more youthful appearance. For each type of surgery, a different benefit is visible.
• Brow Lift Surgery – Improves the appearance of the forehead, the eyebrows and the area just above the eyebrows.
• Eyelid Lift Surgery – Improves the appearance of the region from the cheekbone to the brow bone, commonly known as the orbital region.
• Facelift Surgery – Improves the appearance of the appearance of the cheekbones, from the chin to the jawline.
Before moving forward with the procedure, it is important for you to take into account your goals and determine which one will be best suited for your needs.
What is a Brow Lift Surgery?
A brow lift is a surgical procedure that is used to elevate drooping eyebrows. This is usually done to prevent obstruction to vision, however, it is also done for aesthetic purposes as it can be used to remove fine lines and wrinkles across the forehead. A brow lift is undertaken using multiple operative procedures, some of them are:
• Endoscopic Brow Lift Surgery
• Incision Brow Lift Surgery
• Coronal Brow Lift Surgery or Traditional Brow Lift Surgery
Traditional or Coronal Brow Lift Surgery
While performing the traditional brow lift or coronal brow lift your surgeon will make a long incision behind the hairline, running from one ear to the other. The process was first done in France in 1910, and is still considered one of the safest brow lift methods.
Once the incision is made, excess fat, skin and other tissues are removed from the region, and the skin is pulled back and either stitched together or glued together to create a firmer forehead, giving a youthful appearance.
The Benefits of a Coronal Brow Lift
Traditional brow lift or coronal brow lift surgery, while being eschewed for creating long scar lines is one of the safest brow lift procedures. It has multiple benefits, some of which are:
• Provides the surgeon with greater freedom – Coronal brow lift allows the surgeon to operate with complete control regarding how your eyebrows and forehead will look.
• Nearly invisible post-surgical marks – Since the incision is made behind the hairline, the scar is kept hidden, and is nearly invisible
• No introduction of foreign bodies – Coronal brow lift surgery ensures that there is no introduction of chemicals such as Botox to provide a youthful appearance.
Contact Our Office
Contact our office if you’re interested in undergoing a brow lift procedure. With the help of Dr. James Hardy, a board-certified plastic surgeon, you will be able to finally achieve the youthful good looks you desire.